Is your self-doubt ruining your attempts to live a long, happy, healthy and fulfilling life, full of purpose and meaning?
My Connect with Horses Mindfulness Meditation Retreats, based on Equine-facilitated Mindfulness and Equine-Guided Meditation, in the south of France, can dramatically increase your self-confidence, improve your communication skills and enable you to significantly lower your stress levels by connecting with our horses in an enriching, compelling and transformational way.
Working as a medical doctor for more than 20 years has taught me a lot, but not as much as dealing for nearly thirty years with a debilitating eye disease that threatens my sight. In my books, during my masterclasses and during my Connect with Horses residential retreats, my aim is to empower you to
- compassionately accept yourself and appreciate your unique talents and abilities,
- free yourself from immobilising fear and substantially increase your self-confidence,
- communicate more efficiently and with more assertiveness,
- eradicate limiting beliefs and replace them with inspiring beliefs,
- develop more successful problem-solving skills,
- believe in yourself so that you can make the changes you want to make in your life,
- build strong, long-lasting relationships,
- create a solid and reliable support network so that you can ask for help before you feel totally overwhelmed,
- set firm boundaries and say NO without feeling guilty or needing to explain,
- discover simple techniques to easily and effectively deal with stressful situations and
- celebrate your success without needing to apologise for being brilliant.
Now you too can discover the secret of exceptionally self-confident women, by attending a Connect with Horses Meditation Retreat in the sun-drenched south of France. During the retreat, you will first and foremost, be able to rest, relax and recharge your batteries. You will also benefit from attending this retreat because, with the empowering help of our horses, you will develop a new set of skills to help improve the quality of your life.
Workshops available in English, French or Dutch.
“Thanks again for sharing your life with us! I had such a wonderful time at your place and in your company. I feel revitalised, relaxed and blessed. All the best and big hugs for the two of you and all the cats, horses and dog.” E.G. Meijling
“A powerful and wonderful life experience, with caring guidance of Margaretha. One can truly experience a mindful meditation with the horses who are definitely spiritual. Also, your senses become reinvigorated with the beautiful food and wine, whilst sitting and listening to the unique sound of natures calmness.” S. Murphy
Thank you so much for a wonderful week. The way you welcomed me was heart-warming. I find myself often dreaming about your piece of paradise and all my new friends there. Margaretha- I learned so much for which I thank you! CM Munroe
I feel so incredibly lucky to have had this chance that worked out so amazingly in divine timing. I know that you are, yourself, going through a stressful time and so that is why I am even more grateful that despite that, you were there to help me through this transition. I am also inspired by you and how you have faced your challenges, and I appreciate so much that you are also so human, with vulnerabilities just like we all have. Thanks also for sharing these moments with me. A Alyahya
Thank you so much for the beautiful day on Saturday. It was a truly special and treasurable experience that I feel very lucky to have had. Your horses are such lovely characters and it was fun getting to know them a little. They have stayed in my mind. I would love to come back again…B. Gracias
Connect with Horses Mindfulness Meditation Retreats
I created these retreats with my horses to help you internalise how unique, powerful, gifted, beautiful, strong, generous, appreciated, valuable, talented, brilliant, admired, respected, courageous, special, caring and lovable you are, but also so that you can benefit from the presence and support of like-minded women, from the lasting friendships that form and from the readiness of women (who may in their normal lives never have the opportunity to honestly express themselves) to say what they really feel, in this safe environment.
The horses and equine-assisted personal empowerment is what makes our retreats UNIQUE. There is NO horse riding during our workshops.
What is included in this retreat:
- Simple but comfortable accommodation in an 18th-century farmhouse in single or twin bedrooms with shared bathroom.
- Brunch al fresco with a view of the horses’ paddocks, weather permitting.
- Transport from Nogaro to the farm.
- Free Wifi.
- A free copy of the e-book Mindfulness and Meditation Options. The book has links to useful articles, websites, TED talks, Facebook groups, guided meditations etc. that can be used during and after the workshops.
What is NOT included:
- Transport costs to local airports and train stations – there are 4 international airports (Toulouse, Bordeaux, Biarritz and Pau) less than 2 hours drive from here.
- Transport from local airports to local train stations (Auch and Mont de Marsan)
- Transport from local train stations to Nogaro/ Aire-sur-Adour.
- We offer transport directly from Pau airport to the retreat centre at a small additional fee.
- Personal Health Insurance and/or Travel Insurance (we highly recommend insurance cover in case you need to cancel)
- A Wine Tasting trip to local vineyards
- An extra day walking part of the Way of St James/Santiago de Compostella
To make 100% sure you benefit from this retreat, there is still MORE.
- To facilitate transport arrangements, or to explore the region, you are welcome to arrive a day or two early or leave a day or two after the retreat – we offer bed-and-breakfast accommodation on a day-to-day basis, at 69 EU per room per night, but only to our retreat guests,
- Non-participating partners are very welcome, there is a lot for them to discover and do in the immediate vicinity.
- the option to add a day to walk part of the possibly life-changing Way of St James, following in the footsteps of pilgrims who have passed this way for a thousand years on their way to Santiago de Compostella in Spain.
- the option to add a wine tasting trip to the medieval village of Saint Mont
- the option of adding one or more profoundly relaxing and rejuvenating Swedish/Russian massages to your retreat
- To ensure everyone gets individual, quality attention and the time to ask questions, we limit our groups to a maximum of 4 guests.
9:00 Yogic Breathing with the Horses
9:30 Walking Meditation with the Horses
11:30 Equine-facilitated Mindfulness Training
12:30-16:00 Free time to spend with the horses
16:30 Equine-guided meditation
Do you feel stuck in a rut and desperately long to escape?
If you do, then a 5/7-day Connect with Horses Residential Retreat here in the sun-blessed south of France might be exactly what you need right now.
Our retreats start at 18h00 on the day of arrival to 11h00 on the day of departure. We combine equine-assisted experiential learning and equine-guided mindfulness meditation to help you shape your future. All meals (simple but nourishing) as well as comfortable accommodation, mostly in single rooms, or in double rooms, is included.
The cost of the 5-day retreat starts at 699 EU pp. The cost of the 7-day retreats starts at 899 EU pp. Maximum of 4 participants per workshop.
So seize this exceptional opportunity to spend a few nights with us NOW…to help you make your trip a special one, please let us know you are coming by making a reservation. A warm welcome awaits you amidst the Armagnac, Saint Mont and Madiran vineyards in the sun-blessed south-west of France.
Ready to make a reservation? To pay your deposit and secure your booking, please contact us with the dates of the week that suits you at welcome2gascony(at)gmail.com to inquire about availability.
Privacy notice: We take your privacy seriously. Your email address is not passed on or sold to any third parties whatsoever, you are not subscribing to any mailing lists and we promise to only use your details to contact you directly ourselves.
Deposit: To confirm your booking, a 25% deposit is required. Balance of payment is due at least 30 days prior to the start of your holiday. Please note: As our deposits are not refundable and our cancellation policy is firm, we strongly recommend the purchase of adequate travel insurance. Any cancellation received in writing up to 30 days before the holiday starts will result in a loss of 50% of the holiday price. Any cancellation made in writing less than 30 days before the holiday starts, or once the holiday has started, will result in a total loss of funds. Depending on availability, you can choose to transfer your booking to another date without incurring any additional fees. We reserve the right to cancel the holiday (if we do so your deposit is refunded in full).
Please read our terms and conditions
Pin to Pinterest as an aide-memoire: