Complete and Profound Relaxation
Dr Margaretha Montagu @ The Montagu Massage Studio near Nogaro
MBChB(RSA), MRCGP (retired), NLP cert, Med Hyp Dip, Couns cert and EAGALA cert
Did you know that massage can make you look and feel younger, fitter, happier and healthier? Treat yourself to a relaxing, rejuvenating and revitalising massage today. Or choose a Gift Certificate as a Birthday, Anniversary, Valentine, Mother’s Day or Christmas present. If you would like to stay in touch (pun intended), please join my VIP clients list and leave your e-mail address below.
I’m sure that you too want to look and feel as young in your 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s as you did in your 20’s. Who doesn’t? I certainly do. I worked for more than 25 years as a medical doctor, and it is only now that I am retired, that I have discovered how to stay younger for longer.
If you know me, or if you have read some of my books, you will know that I think stress is to blame for many physical and mental illnesses. One of the most effective ways I have found of coping with my own ever-escalating stress, is showing up regularly, once a week, for a relaxing, rejuvenating, battery-recharging back massage.
It didn’t take me long to figure out that if it works for me, it might also work for my clients. Scientific research has confirmed that massage reduces anxiety and depression, making it a very effective stress management strategy. I have discovered that regular massages can also have various anti-ageing benefits: it can help us maintain mobility, retain flexibility, improve our posture and promote pain-free movement as we get older. In addition, regular massages can also boost our immune system, making us more resistant to infections. By reducing anxiety, it can help us to sleep more soundly, which combats fatigue and gives us more energy.
Most importantly, a good massage will make you feel completely and profoundly relaxed.
Since I am now on the other side of 50, I am especially interested in the benefits of massage in the older adult and decided to specialise in this discipline. My mission is, with regular massage, to help older adults to feel fitter, healthier, happier and younger than they have in years.
Arrived for my massage with my back muscles twisted and tortured from a combination of years of major renovation and age. One hour later after Margaretha’s healing hands and magic fingers had found and eased my problems, I felt not only more flexible and as if a weight had been lifted, I felt pampered. I cannot recommend her services highly enough. A treat for body and soul. Penny B-F June 2020
Types of Massage
Practising strict precautions to prevent spreading the coronavirus.
I practice massage bien-être, which roughly translated means feel-good/be-well massage. Massage bien-être should not be confused with the diagnostic and therapeutic massages offered by my colleagues, the kinésithérapeutes. I offer a variety of feel-good massages :
- Swedish massage of Neck, Shoulders And Back: The shoulders, neck and back are often the parts of the body where we tend to accumulate the most muscular stiffness and tension. A Swedish massage is an invigorating yet relaxing massage which loosens the muscles in the neck, back and shoulders and promotes deep relaxation.
- Hot Stone massage: (coming soon) I use smooth, flat and gently heated river stones that I gathered from the river beds of the Adour and Arros rivers, in the valley below my house. These are placed on specific points on your body. The warmth from the stones dilates the blood vessels, increases circulation, removes toxins from cells and relaxes sore, stiff muscles.
- Aromatherapy Shoulders, Neck And Back Massage: During an aromatherapy massage, you absorb and inhale one or more carefully selected-for-you essential oils. This massage targets tensions held in the neck, back and shoulders, as well as the mind: rosemary oil is energising, lavender oil is relaxing and rose oil is uplifting. During the allergy season, I also offer a decongestive eucalyptus face massage. Aromatherapy can be used for various purposes but needs to be used with care as not all essential oils are suitable for everyone.
- Hypno-massage: The combination of self-hypnosis and massage allows the body to explore, address and release blocks, anxieties and deep-seated trauma, engaging the subconscious mind to better release underlying pain and tension. When you store or lock your emotions in your muscles, physical touch can enhance processing that speeds up healing and promotes deeper mind-body connection and relaxation. Hypno-massage is especially effective in the management of insomnia and anxiety due to various causes like chronic illness. I am a trained medical hypnotherapist with many years of experience.
- Massage magnétique-énergétique: Energywork is based on the premise that there is electromagnetic energy flowing around and through the body in specific currents (called meridians in China and nadis in India.) When those currents are interrupted, they create an imbalance or a blockage and if allowed to persist for long enough periods, can create pain and even disease. An energy massage aims to redress this imbalance.
- Localised (specific body part) Aromatherapy, Swedish, Energy or Hypno-massage
Not sure which massage to choose? No problem. You can mix and match massage techniques to best address your issues. When you book a massage, pick any massage together with the amount of time you’d like to spend. Upon your arrival, we will have a quick chat and I will put together a massage that is exactly right for you.
So you need to do three very important things asap: schedule a massage, get a massage, and schedule your next massage.
To schedule a massage, contact me at margarethamontagu[at]gmail.com or send a text to 06 23 74 32 92. I will get back to you asap.
Fees (in euro)
|30 min||45 min|
|Simple Swedish BNS||40||50|
|Swedish and Hot Stones BNS||40||50|
|Swedish and Aromatherapy BNS||40||50|
Mo-Fr 9h00-13h00 by appointment
Nogaro 32370 Gers
You can pay with your credit card online or you can pay in euros or by cheque when you arrive for your massage. You can also opt to buy a Multi-Massage Package or a Massage Membership, which will save you a substantial amount.
- Variety of medical degrees and diplomas (see above)
- Currently updating my knowledge with a post-graduate International Massage Therapy Diploma accredited with 150 CPD points and registered by the CMA (Complementary Medical Association)
- Medical Hypnotherapy Diploma from the London School of Medical Hypnosis
Please note: As a practitioner of massage bien-être, I do not diagnose illness or injuries, I do not prescribe medication and I do not practice medicine. Massage bien-être is not a substitute for medical treatment or medication and it is recommended that you inform your primary physician of any type of massage that you intend to have.
Siret: 483 269 981 00096